Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation Appoints New Trustees to Help Raise $61 Million in 2014
ATLANTA (February 19, 2014) – The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation is pleased to announce the addition of nine new members to its Board of Trustees. Under the leadership of Chairman Thomas M. Holder, the Children’s Foundation Board is charged with raising critical funds to help meet the growing needs of one of country’s leading, not-for-profit pediatric healthcare systems.
Whether treating a toddler in an emergency or supporting a teen through chemotherapy treatments, Children’s is dedicated to the care of each patient. Nearly 150 doctors at Children’s, more than any other Georgia hospital, are included among the nation’s best as listed by Best Doctors in America®.
New Trustees joining the Foundation Board include:
- Paul Bowers, President & CEO, Georgia Power (Buckhead)
- Jack Cay IV, President, Palmer & Cay (Buckhead)
- Kristine Faulkner, VP & General Manager, Home Security and Smart Home, Cox Communications (Alpharetta)
- Jim Fortenberry, M.D., Children’s Pediatrician-in-Chief (DeKalb Neighbor paper area)
- Nick McKay, CEO, EnviroScent (Buckhead)
- John Montag, President, Chief Investment Officer and Co-Owner, A. Montag & Associates (Buckhead)
- Alison Moran, CEO, RaceTrac Petroleum (Buckhead)
- Cameron Sherrill, Community Volunteer and Former President of Friends, the Children’s volunteer organization (Brookhaven)
- Tyler Woolson, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Georgia-Pacific (Sandy Springs)
In 2014, the 32-member Foundation Board of Trustees will focus its efforts on an annual gross fundraising goal of $61 million, including raising critical funds for Marcus Autism Center, Children’s at Hughes Spalding and childhood obesity prevention. As a not-for-profit organization, Children’s relies on the generous financial and volunteer support of the community. Donations directly impact the lives of each family served by Children’s and support many initiatives such as clinical excellence, research, teaching, wellness and charity care.
About Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, a not-for-profit organization, is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow. Our specialized care helps children get better faster and live healthier lives. Managing more than 850,000 patient visits annually at three hospitals and 24 neighborhood locations, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S.News & World Report. With generous philanthropic and volunteer support, Children’s has impacted the lives of children in Georgia, the United States and throughout the world.
Tags: General News
Published: Wednesday, February 19, 2014