The Carter Samuel Martin Innovative Therapy Research Endowment

At age 7, Carter Samuel Martin faced cancer with determination and a smile. Not once did the fight in Carter's eyes fade during his 20-month battle with Ewing's sarcoma--a rare type of bone cancer. Though Carter ultimately lost his battle, he never stopped believing that one day a cure for cancer would be discovered.

For many children who have cancer, innovative therapy represents hope. Innovative therapy focuses on the development of new cancer treatments, and has led to dramatic improvements in cure rates--from a 20 percent chance of survival before the 1960s to nearly 80 percent today.

Thanks to the Carter Samuel Martin Innovative Therapy Research Endowment, the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is able to conduct more clinical trials than ever before, offering hope to patients and their families trying to cope with cancers that have returned or failed to respond to other treatments. By making a donation to the endowed fund, you can help make Carter’s vision a reality.

How to Donate

  • Donate online to the Carter Samuel Martin Innovative Therapy Research Endowment.
  • Mail your donation to Aflac Cancer Center, 1577 NE Expressway, Suite A, Atlanta, GA 30329. Make checks payable to Aflac Cancer Center and note "Carter Martin Endowment" in the memo line. Call 404-785-7312 for more information.

Fundraising Events

There are several events held throughout the year that benefit the Carter Samuel Martin Innovative Therapy Research Endowment. Visit the pages below to learn about these events and how you can lend your support.

For More Information

Learn more about the Carter Martin Classic and sponsorship opportunities by visiting the event's official website.