Camp Braveheart 2015 will be held Sunday, June 7 to Friday, June 12.
Volunteers arrive on Saturday, June 6. Applications will be available in January 2015.
Join our mailing list to receive more information.
Note: Registration for the mailing list does not serve as an application to attend camp. By joining the mailing list, you will begin to receive camp news and notices such as future camp dates, when applications become available, important deadlines and other information.
- Location: Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, Ga.
- Cost: While there is no fee for campers to attend, Camp Braveheart would welcome a donation of any amount towards the cost of camp. The cost to Children's to send one child to camp for the week is approximately $500. Gifts of all sizes are greatly appreciated. Make a donation here.
- Eligibility: Camp Braveheart primarily serves children in the state of Georgia and patients of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Sibley Heart Center Cardiology. If you have questions about eligibility for camp, please email our staff at email@example.com.
- Medical Staff: We will have clinical staff available 24 hours a day. Our volunteers consist of staff from Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, as well as community volunteers committed to making Camp Braveheart a special week for your child.
- Parent Volunteers: While we are thankful parents are often interested in volunteering at camp, it is our policy that parents do not volunteer during the session. We strongly believe that this is an excellent opportunity for your child to gain independence and self esteem. If you would like to volunteer prior to camp, your time and skills would be greatly appreciated.
Call 404-785-6735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Video: Summer Camp with Hope and Will
Whether camp dates are near or far away on our calendars, it is always the season to look back on all the fun we had this past summer. Check this coming summer’s dates below and join us as we make more memories!
Fond Memories from Camp Braveheart (32 Images)
At Camp Braveheart, every child’s possibilities are endless. From team-building activities to individual support, this camp has something for everyone. We give every child the chance to experience camp, build friendships and make memories to last a lifetime.
The Camp That's All Heart
Every child needs to feel special. A child with congenital or acquired heart defects is no different. We promote positive self-esteem with fun and learning. At Camp Braveheart, the only requirements are to laugh, play, grow and explore.
Camp Braveheart is organized by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Kathy and Roger Flynn established the camp in honor of their daughter, Ansley, who was born with a heart defect. Today, camp continues in Ansley’s memory. Children ages 7 to 18 can attend camp at no cost through the generous support of private foundations, corporations and individuals—donations are always welcome.
Helping each child build friendships and share lasting memories, camp volunteers include doctors, nurses, other healthcare professionals who can provide care when needed and community members who serve as counselors and activity leaders.
"I made so many new friends that I can’t wait to see next year. When I am at Camp Braveheart, I can really be myself and I have more confidence. I wish I could be the person I am at camp all year."—Tessa, 17 year-old-camper
"Ava got a true camp experience and we could not have been more excited for her. It is something many take for granted and yet to be able to send a child with complex heart defects away for a week is an amazing opportunity. Camp Braveheart is a fabulous place where these children can come together to celebrate, bond, enjoy, learn and yet still just be kids for a week."—Melissa, mother of a camper
As a parent, you can rest assured your child is exploring life in a safe and caring place. Camp Braveheart is held each year at Camp Twin Lakes. Camp Twin Lakes is a network of camps providing life-changing programs to Georgia's children with serious illnesses, disabilities and other challenges. The camp is located an hour east of Atlanta in Rutledge, Ga. To learn more about Camp Twin Lakes, visit www.camptwinlakes.org.