Our team of fun, energetic, dedicated volunteers are the heart of Camp Braveheart. We depend on the efforts of over 100 volunteers each summer to give campers a fun, safe, and meaningful camp experience. The camp week is often as unforgettable and life-changing for volunteers as it is for campers. Camp volunteers have the unique opportunity to help campers develop friendships, try new things, conquer fears, discover their potential, and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will make a difference in the life of a child.
Camp Braveheart 2015 will be held Sunday, June 7 to Friday, June 12. Volunteers arrive the evening prior to camp on Saturday, June 6.
Volunteer positions are currently full for the 2015 camp session. If a position becomes available, we'd love to be able to get in touch with you. Please fill out the Volunteer Interest form. You will be contacted if a space becomes available.
- Cabin Counselor: Supervise and care for a group of campers. Counselors participate in camp activities and sleep in a cabin with their assigned campers. There are usually 3 counselors and 8 to 10 campers per cabin.
- Day Helper: Help Cabin Counselors with campers during the day. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Activity Staff: Help set-up and facilitate evening activities such as a talent show or dance. Help assist with activities such as arts and crafts, horseback riding, the climbing wall and sports. Sleep in an adult cabin.
- Medical Staff: Administer medications, triage campers who visit the medical lodge and provide medical care when needed.
- Nursing Students: Help medical staff to triage campers in medical lodge and act as day helpers.
- Leader-in-Training (LIT): Former Camp Braveheart campers who are interested in serving as a future volunteer at camp may apply for the LIT program. Previous campers should plan to complete a minimum of two years with the program and may join the program starting at age 18. The LIT program is offered in partnership with Camp Twin Lakes staff to provide a learning and leadership opportunity for former campers.
All previous and new camp volunteers, including medical staff, must attend a Volunteer Orientation session prior to attending camp.
If you have any questions, please call 404-785-6735 or e-mail CampBraveheart@choa.org.
Words from a camp volunteer
“Thank you so much for having me at camp this year. It was by far one of the best experiences of my life. The kids are so amazing. They taught me so much. The volunteers were helpful, informative and you could truly see their love for the kids - it just made my heart happy! The opportunity for these children to get away, forget their hardships and be encouraged to dream big is inspiring. Volunteering at Camp Braveheart solidified my desire to work in cardiac pediatrics, so for that I thank you. I look forward to seeing you next year at camp!” – Laura, camp volunteer