2014 Conference Information
This conference is open to professionals who work on child abuse cases or who want to learn more about relevant issues. Note: Registration has closed for the October conference.
Conference dates and times:
Thursday, Oct. 9, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 10, 8 a.m. to noon
Scottish Rite hospital
1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Topics to include:
- Vicarious trauma
- An update on child sex trafficking in Georgia
- A Review of the Georgia Protocol for Multidisciplinary Investigation and Prosecution of Alleged Cases of Child Emotional, Physical and Sexual Abuse and Sexual Exploitation
- A special “Ask the Expert” session featuring representatives from the Stephanie V. Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children’s medical team. Submit a question for the experts.
Dave Moody, President of C.D. Moody Construction
A child abuse survivor who is prominently featured on the new Stewards of Children
Registration has closed. Sign up for the waitlist.
There is no cost to attend this conference, but pre-registration is required. Space is limited. Meals, parking and conference materials are included with registration. Continuing education will be provided for various relevant disciplines.
Approved continuing education credits for various disciplines will be posted periodically. Please check back for more information.
For more information: Contact Elizabeth Williams, Conference Coordinator, or call 404-785-7694.
Information Regarding the April 24, 2014 Conference
View the conference agenda.
This course has been approved for continuing education credits by the following organizations:
- Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council - 7 hours
- National Association of Social Workers - Georgia Chapter - 6 core hours
- Georgia Nurses Association - 6.25 contact hours
- Medical Association of Georgia - Continuing Medical Education - 6.5 hours
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing education for physicians.
Children's designates this live for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Approval as a provider refers to recognition of educational activities only and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation or Georgia Nurses Association approval or endorsement of any product.