We understand that problems such as bedwetting, urinary tract infections and complex genital and urinary tract disorders can be both physically and emotionally challenging.
Treating children from birth to age 21, our pediatric urology department helps children and their families address these issues. We aim to provide high-quality care for the full range of genital and urinary tract disorders, from the most common to the most complex.
Programs & Services
Our specialists offer access to technology and programs, including:
- Prenatal evaluation of genitourinary anomalies—evaluation and diagnosis of conditions such as extrophy and epispadias, prune belly syndrome and multicystic dysplastic kidney.
- Reconstructive urologic procedures—surgery to improve urinary control, protect kidney function, improve the appearance of the genitals and allow for sexual function.
- Minimally invasive surgery—laproscopic surgery includes access to the da Vinci Surgical System, which gives a surgeon a full 3-D view of the patient. The da Vinci System is used primarily for pyeloplasties in children with ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- Diagnostic imaging, including magnetic resonance urography—primarily used to gather further information about kidney function and drainage.
- HAWK Center for voiding dysfunction—focuses on the special needs of children with wetting issues and other forms of abnormal urination.
- Spina Bifida clinic—provides medical, surgical, rehabilitative, psychological and support services during each stage of a child's development.