As one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta has the expertise and clinical capacity to treat children with kidney disease from the entire metropolitan Atlanta area and the majority of the state of Georgia—one of the largest catchment areas for a single hospital system.
Our dedicated team of pediatric nephrologists is experienced in the medical management of children with all types of kidney diseases—from the most common to those rarely seen outside of the top pediatric hospitals.
With specially designed facilities, innovative equipment, educational programs and family support services, the Children’s Nephrology team offers comprehensive care to all patients. Our multidisciplinary approach integrates the efforts of many dedicated pediatric professionals, including:
- Nurse practitioners
- Social workers
- Child life specialists
- Hospital teacher
- Case coordinators
Children’s modern facilities offer advanced equipment and:
- Full pre- and post-transplant outpatient services in one centralized location
- An 18-bed inpatient unit for general nephrology and transplant patients
- Convenient access to Emory University School of Medicine (located across the street)
- Nearly 4,500 outpatient visits a year
- Average of 45 chronic dialysis patients
- Average of 27 pediatric kidney transplants performed a year
- More than 200 pediatric transplant recipients actively followed
At Children’s, we are devoted to developing new and better preventative programs, diagnostic services, and treatments through clinical and lab research. We have a rich, diverse, and fast growing research environment and take pride in tailoring research experiences to the interests of our fellows.
Additionally, we are uniquely positioned to advance research nationally by leveraging the vast capabilities in Atlanta, including:
- Emory University School of Medicine
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Welcome to Atlanta
Ranked among the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country, Atlanta combines Southern hospitality with the amenities of a world-class city. Over 5 million residents enjoy Atlanta’s geographic advantages and cultural diversity. Whether you are a sports fanatic, history buff or have a love of the arts, Atlanta offers something for everyone.
- Cost of living is low compared to other major cities
- Home to the world's busiest airport, Hartsfield Jackson International Airport
- Atlanta is within a two-hour direct flight of 80 percent of the United States
- Home to more than 12 Fortune 500 companies and more than 15 Fortune 1000 companies
- Museums, theaters, concerts, artistic shopping areas
- Professional sports teams, including the Falcons, Braves, Hawks and Thrashers
- Vast number of restaurant options including a wealth of ethnic cuisines
- Seasonal climate suitable for outdoor activities nearly all year around
- Atlanta is within driving distance to both the mountains and the ocean