The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Neuro Spine Care for Kids Program is one of the only multidisciplinary centers of its kind in the U.S. Our center provides care for children with neurosurgical spinal disorders throughout Georgia and the Southeast.
We work closely with patients and families to determine the best treatment option for your child. Whether your child needs neuro spine surgery or physical therapy, the type of treatment he will receive depends on his condition.
The Neuro Spine Care for Kids team works in collaboration with the Children's Orthopaedics Program, which has been ranked among the top pediatric programs in the country by U.S.News & World Report.
Unique Needs of Children
Our doctors and staff treat children every day, and they understand the unique needs of children with neurosurgical spine conditions, including:
- Craniocervical junction disorders (basilar invagination)
- Congenital neurosurgical spinal disorders (Down syndrome, Klippel-Feil syndrome, achondroplasia)
- Tumors of the spine and spinal cord
- Spine injuries (both acute and chronic)
- Herniated discs
- Spinal degeneration
- Spasticity syndromes (spinal cord injury, cancer, cerebral palsy)
Our doctors and staff are specially trained to treat children with these complex neurosurgical spine disorders.