A Continuum of Care
The staff at our inpatient and outpatient facilities offers a continuum of care for patients needing ongoing rehabilitation services. Patients can go through the different levels of care as they progress toward meeting their functional goals through our rehabilitative programs:
- Acute Inpatient Therapy—This hospital inpatient therapy program is for patients who have been admitted to one of our hospitals for an injury, illness or condition and need to begin rehabilitation immediately. Patients may participate in one or more rehabilitation therapies to ease their transition home, into the community or to other rehabilitation programs at Children’s.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Program—The Children's pediatric rehabilitation team provides inpatient physical, occupational, speech therapy and audiology services 24 hours a day, every day of the year to assist patients reach and maintain their functional goals.
- Day Rehabilitation Program—This special outpatient rehabilitation program is designed like a typical school day. Patients come to the center five days a week to rebuild the everyday skills they need at home, school and in their communities.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Program—For patients with ongoing rehabilitation needs, our outpatient rehabilitation program offers pediatric audiology, occupational and physical therapy, speech-language pathology and other interdisciplinary services at nine locations throughout metro Atlanta.
- Physiatry Services—Pediatric specialists that treat acquired and congenital (from birth) disabilities and conditions in order to decrease pain and help patients reach their goals.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Program—Physicians address the physical and therapeutic needs of children, adolescents and young adults with conditions that require orthotic or prosthetic intervention.
- Sports Medicine Program—This program offers comprehensive orthopaedic, medical and surgical services for student athletes at the elite, high school and middle school levels.