Our family libraries are housed at Children’s at Egleston and Children’s at Scottish Rite. We invite all patients, their families, our staff and the community to explore the wealth of consumer health information and recreational reading materials we have available.
All of our services are free. In addition to educational materials, we provide communication assistance and recreational materials such as puzzles, books, board games and more.
Family Libraries Services
- Consumer health books
- Customized medical information searches
- Models and charts of the human body
- Reference materials
- Spanish materials
- More than 2,000 consumer health books, videos and DVDs
- A laptop program that provides laptops to patients and their families for check-out after a seven-day hospital stay (Children’s at Egleston only)
- Computers with Internet access and word processing capabilities
- Copier, fax machine, notary and printers
- Digital camera check-out (inpatient use only)
MedlinePlus directs you to information to help answer health questions.