To make a call from a hospital phone:
- Pick up the phone and press the on/off button.
- To make an outside call:
- Dial 9, the area code and the phone number.
- To call long distance:
- Dial 9-1-800-COLLECT.
- Dial 9-1-800-CALL-ATT (to reach an AT&T operator).
- To use a private calling card, dial 9 and the number on the card.
- To call an extension within the hospital:
- Dial 5 and the last four digits of the phone number.
- To reach the hospital operator:
If needed, ask your child’s nurse for a telephone book. You also can access online resources in the Parent Business Center, such as:
Cell Phone Use
Cell phone usage is permitted in designated areas. Chargers must be checked by our Engineering Department before being used in the hospital. Your child's nurse can contact Engineering for you.