The Nurse Extern program is a 10-week summer employment opportunity between May and July for nursing students interested in pursuing a career in pediatrics. Using actual experience, students acquire valuable knowledge of the highly-specialized pediatric environment, establish valuable interpersonal relationships, and make decision regarding subspecialty practice.
The Nurse Extern Program includes:
- New employee orientation
- Patient care provider orientation
- Ongoing learning events
- Nurse preceptor/mentoring in assigned clinical area
- Ronald McDonald House service learning experience
- Unit-for-a-day observation experiences
- Networking and collaborating with cohort
- Use of social media as a teaching/learning method
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing
- Must have successfully completed 1 year of nursing school with 2 clinical rotations
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be able to work a fulltime day/night rotating schedule with weekend requirements
- Must commit to entire 10-week program
Nurse Extern applications will be accepted online during the month of January. The position is posted January 1st. Go to our job application tool to submit your application for the Nurse Extern Program.