The Nurse Extern program is a 10-week summer employment opportunity between May and July for nursing students interested in pursuing a career in pediatrics. Using actual experience, students acquire valuable knowledge of the highly-specialized pediatric environment, establish valuable interpersonal relationships, and make decision regarding subspecialty practice.
The Nurse Extern Program includes:
- New employee orientation
- Patient care provider orientation
- Ongoing learning events
- Nurse preceptor/mentoring in assigned clinical area
- Ronald McDonald House service learning experience
- Unit-for-a-day observation experiences
- Networking and collaborating with cohort
- Use of social media as a teaching/learning method
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing
- Must have successfully completed 1 year of nursing school with 2 clinical rotations
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be able to work a fulltime day/night rotating schedule with weekend requirements
- Must commit to entire 10-week program
Nurse Extern applications will be accepted online during the month of December. Go to our job application tool to submit your application for the Nurse Extern Program.