Children's is home to one of the most comprehensive transplant programs in the country. The Center for Transplantation, Gastrointestinal (GI) and Dialysis provides full pre- and post-transplant outpatient services for kidney, heart, liver and blood and marrow transplant in one centralized location with unparalleled physician expertise.
- Transplanted the world’s youngest (10 days old) and three smallest (2 to 4 pounds) pediatric liver transplant recipients*
- One of the first pediatric hospitals in the United States to perform three pediatric heart transplants in 24 hours*
- Performed more than 475 pediatric kidney transplants, which makes Children’s one of only a few hospitals for children to reach such a milestone*
- In 2009, Children's performed 126 transplants: 19 liver transplants, 13 heart transplants, 32 kidney transplants and 62 BMTs
- Transplanted the world's youngest and three smallest liver transplant recipients.*
- One of only a few hospitals in the country to perform multiple ABO-incompatible heart transplants.*