The VolunTEEN program is for high school students ages 15 to 18 who are looking for a rewarding way to spend a portion of their summer. VolunTEENs will spend their days bringing smiles and laughter to the halls of the hospital. From the front desks to the patient units, VolunTEENs will craft, play games and most importantly leave a lasting impression on our patients and families. You will also have informative lunches with members of the Children's staff, which will give you the opportunity to learn about different professions in a hospital setting.
The program spans eight weeks during June and July. Interested teens must be able to commit to volunteer at least one day a week for five hours, missing no more than two days of the summer commitment.
You must be 15 by June 1 to be eligible for this program.
- Application opens: Feb 8, 2019
- Application deadline: Feb 22, 2019
- Training date: May 29, 2019
- Program dates/times: June 3, 2019 to July 26, 2019
Please note: All applications are reviewed for content rather than on a first-come, first-serve basis. All applicants will be notified individually of their status. You may only apply to one of our hospital locations.
How to apply for VolunTEENs
Thank you for your interest, applications are now closed.
1. Complete the online application for one of our hospital locations below. Applications for the 2019 program will be available beginning February 8.
Applicants interested in volunteering at a neighborhood location (listed below)* should apply to Scottish Rite hospital.
- *Cherokee Urgent Care, Forsyth Urgent Care, Hamilton Creek Urgent Care, Hudson Bridge Urgent Care, North Point Urgent Care, Orthotics and Prosthetics Fabrication Lab, Sandy Plains Rehabilitation, Satellite Boulevard Surgery Center, Satellite Boulevard Urgent Care, Snellville Sports Medicine, Town Center Rehabilitation, Town Center Urgent Care
2. Mail the following documents:
- Completed VolunTEEN packet
- One counselor/teacher recommendation (in a signed and sealed envelope)
- Immunization records that include: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (two immunization dates); Varicella/Chicken Pox (two immunization dates or titer results proving immunity); and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) vaccination proof from year 2006-present
- Color copy of your photo ID (driver's license, school ID, passport etc.)