The VolunTEEN program is for high school students ages 15 to 18 who are looking for a rewarding way to spend a portion of their summer. VolunTEENs will spend their days bringing smiles and laughter to the halls of the hospital. From the front desks to the patient units, VolunTEENs will craft, play games and most importantly leave a lasting impression on our patients and families. You will also have informative lunches with members of the Children's staff, which will give you the opportunity to learn about different professions in a hospital setting.
The program spans eight weeks during June and July. Interested teens must be able to commit to volunteer at least one day a week for five hours, missing no more than two days of the summer commitment.
You must be 15 by June 1 to be eligible for this program.
- Application opens: Feb. 10, 2017
- Application deadline: Feb. 24, 2017
- Training date: May 31, 2017
- Program dates/times: June 5 to July 28, 2017
Please note: The VolunTEEN Program may fill up prior to the application deadline date. All applicants will be notified individually of their status. You may only apply to one of our hospital locations.
How to apply for VolunTEENs
1. Complete the online application.
2. Mail the following documents:
- Completed VolunTEEN packet
- One counselor/teacher recommendation
- Immunization records that include: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (two immunization dates); Varicella/Chicken Pox (two immunization dates or titer results proving immunity); and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) vaccination proof from year 2006-present