We perform routine inpatient and outpatient consultations, and are available 24 hours a day for emergencies.
Our team works with other specialists so that we can provide comprehensive care for patients.
A wide range of programs and clinics
Our team works with other specialists so that we can provide complete, effective care for your child. Treatment will be tailored for your child’s needs, and we’ll work with you at every stage so you will know what to expect.
- Concussion Program: Our goal is to educate the public about the dangers of concussions. We help kids and teens safely return to school and sports after a concussion.
- Epilepsy Center: Our Epilepsy Center is a Level 4 pediatric epilepsy center according to the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC)—their highest level of designation. We provide neurodiagnostic monitoring, clinical trials, and both surgical and nonsurgical treatment options.
- Cerebral palsy: Cerebral palsy is a brain disorder that affects muscle tone, movement and coordination. Our team offers a multidisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive, ongoing care.
- Ketogenic diet: Certain children who are having problems with medications, or whose seizures are not being well controlled, may be placed on a special diet called the ketogenic diet. This type of diet is low in carbohydrates and high in protein and fat.
- Tuberous Sclerosis: In partnership with the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance, the Children's Epilepsy Center offers the Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) clinic. The first of its kind in Georgia, the TSC Clinic coordinates an annual visit with up to seven different physicians to ensure patients with TSC have access to pediatric specialists. This thorough review is then provided to the patient family and to the patient's primary care physician.
- Leukodystrophy: Our multidisciplinary clinic made up of providers from neurology, physiatry, physical therapy, and social work, provide a care plan specific to each patient. Through education, research, comprehensive care, and overall understanding and support, we hope to improve the lives of the children diagnosed with leukodystrophies and their families.
- Neurogenetic/metabolic: The neurogenetic/metabolic clinic specializes in the evaluation of children with suspected genetic and metabolic diseases causing neurologic symptoms. Those symptoms may include developmental delay, hypotonia, macrocephaly, microcephaly, seizures, and movement disorders. We also focus on the long term neurologic care of patients with diagnosed genetic and metabolic diseases.
- New Onset Seizure: Our new onset seizure clinic is for children who have experienced one or more seizures. Our team will provide a care plan specific for each patient and provides education and support for patient families.
Evaluations and diagnostic tests
We use advanced diagnostic, treatment and neuroimaging technology to provide better outcomes for your child. Our team provides unique treatment options based on each child's condition and needs.
Learn about evaluations and diagnostic tests we offer