Thank you for your interest in the Youth Advisory Council. We look forward to having you join us in 2018 for our Youth Council's inaugural year, where you can help build upon our mission, vision and focus.
- Applicant must be 13-18 years old (must be at least 13 years old at the time they apply).
- Must be a patient or sibling of a patient (required to have some type of experience with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta).
- One letter of recommendation must be emailed to Roni.Mintz@choa.org. Cannot be a family member (approved reference can be a teacher, coach, medical staff, employer, religious leader, etc).
- Must commit one year to the council and must attend four meetings in the year.
- Must be willing to contribute ideas and verbally communicate in a team atmosphere.
- Speak with staff about their personal experience at Children's.
- May volunteer at Children’s events.
- Offer feedback on future projects and hospital programs at Children’s.
- Discuss issues that are important to children and teens while at Children’s.
- Complete the online application.
- Find 1 person to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. This needs to be sent to Roni.Mintz@choa.org.
- Must submit consent form signed by legal guardian and references.
- The Family Advisory sub-committee will review and process applications.
- Final candidate interviews will be held.
- All candidates will be notified of acceptance decision via email by September 1, 2017.