Thank you for your interest in the Youth Advisory Council. We look forward to having you join us for the 2018-2019 school year, where you can help build upon our mission and vision. Applications are now open, and will close on August 1, 2018.
- Applicant must be 13-17 years old (must be at least 13 years old at the time they apply).
- Must be a patient or sibling of a patient (required to have some type of experience with Children’s).
- One letter of recommendation must be emailed to Roni.Mintz@choa.org. Cannot be a family member (approved reference can be a teacher, coach, medical staff, employer, religious leader, etc).
- Must commit one school year to the council and must attend four meetings in the year.
- Must be willing to contribute ideas and verbally communicate in a team atmosphere.
- Speak with staff about their personal experience at Children's.
- May volunteer at Children’s events.
- Offer feedback on future projects and hospital programs at Children’s.
- Discuss issues that are important to children and teens while at Children’s.
- Complete the online application by August 1, 2018.
- Find 1 person to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. This needs to be sent to Roni.Mintz@choa.org by August 1.
- Must submit consent form signed by legal guardian and references by August 1.
- The Family Advisory sub-committee will review and process applications.
- Final candidate interviews will be held at Children's Office Park. Final candidates will be notified of their interview date and time via email.
- All candidates will be notified of acceptance decision via email by September 1, 2018.