Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, in collaboration with the Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia, is hosting the Second annual Epilepsy Education Conference for Families. The goal of this conference is to provide information and support to parents and caregivers of children with epilepsy.
During this event, you will hear speakers covering a variety of epilepsy-related topics, including the following:
- Developmental and cognitive issues that affect children with epilepsy
- Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia's Seizure Smart School Program
- Medication question and answer forum
- Role of neuropsychology in pediatric epilepsy
- Sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)
- Transitioning through life with epilepsy
In addition to presentations from medical professionals, we will offer breaks throughout the day, where parents and caregivers can network and share resources.
Registered exhibitors include:
- Canine Assistants
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Neuropsychology Program
- Comprehensive Behavioral Solutions
- Epilepsy Foundation of Georgia
- Georgia Department of Public Health, Children's Medical Services (CMS)
- Georgia Parent Mentor Partnership, Fulton and Gwinnett Counties
- Health Law Partnership
- Parent to Parent of Georgia
- National Center for Learning Disabilities, Understood Program
This conference is for parents and caregivers of children with epilepsy. If you have registered your child, or if you have registered for this event, but are unable to attend, let us know by canceling your Eventbrite order or emailing Heather Bernard. If you do not cancel and do not attend the conference, or if you do not cancel your child's registration, you will not be invited to attend this event in 2018.
For questions, call 404-785-2284