Community and Support Programs
- Weekly parent support groups
- Whole Health Fund—supports holistic activities for patients and their families
- Financial assistance program for household and medical expenses
- CURE Childhood Cancer is an organization dedicated to conquering pediatric cancer through research, education and support of patients and families.
- Brain Tumor Foundation for Children offers year-round events and holiday celebrations for children of all ages and their families; educational materials; a quarterly newsletter; the Larry Dean Davis Educational Scholarship for survivors of childhood brain or spinal cord tumors who are Georgia residents; direct financial assistance for patients treated at Georgia hospitals; and a parent support group.
- Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation is an organization committed to providing support, education and advocacy for children and adolescents with cancer, survivors of childhood/adolescent cancer, their families and the professionals who care for them.
- Camp Sunshine offers a two-week summer camp and year-round programs for children with cancer and their families.
- Deliver the Dream is a retreat that serves families facing serious illness or crisis by helping them to enhance coping skills, reduce stress and cultivate relationships; call 888-687-3732 for more information.
- Ronald McDonald Camp is an overnight camp located in Pennsylanvania’s Pocono Mountains for children with cancer and their siblings.
- Camp Mak-A-Dream is a camp in Gold Creek, Mont., that offers sessions for cancer patients and their siblings.
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp is a camp in Connecticut that serves children between the ages of 7 and 15 who have been diagnosed with cancer or serious blood disorders.
- Lance Armstrong Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports people in managing and surviving cancer.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivors is a nationwide network of independent organizations and individuals working in the area of cancer support and information.