Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research
- Secondary prophylaxis in severe hemophilia A
- Risk factors due to low bone density in hemophilia patients
- fVIII inhibitors in patients with hemophilia undergoing surgery
- Mechanisms of fVIII inhibitor development
- Efficacy and safety of novel recombinant products for the treatment of hemophilia
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of human recombinant fIX
- 32P synovectomy
- Evaluation of platelet function of hemophilia
- Rare Bleeding Disorders
- Efficacy and safety of recombinant fXIII
- Platelet Dysfunction
- Platelet dysfunction of immune and non-immune thrombocytopenia
- Mechanisms of immune thrombocytopenia
- Identification of risk factors for the development of thrombosis
- Establishment of novel recombinant products for the treatment of thrombosis
Clinical and Translational Researchers
Basic and Translational Research
- Mechanisms of fVIII inhibitor formation and pathogenicity
- Regulation of fVIII expression
- Development of novel factor VIII products
- Mechanisms of platelet activation and thrombosis
- Dunn AL., Cox Gill J. “Adenotonsillectomy in Patients with Desmopressin Responsive Mild Bleeding Disorders: A Review of the Literature” Haemophilia 2010;16:711-716.
- Dunn AL. “Malignancy in Patients with Hemophilia: A Review of the Literature” Haemophilia 2010;16:427-436.
- Ide LM, Iwakoshi N, Bangadharan B, Jobe, S, Moot, R, McCarty D, Doering CB, and Spencer HT. “Functional aspects of factor VIII high expression after nonmyeloablative transplant of gene-modified hematopoietic stem cells for hemophilia A”. J Gene Med. 2010;12:333-44.
- Kempton CL, Meeks SL, Harvey DR, and Abshire TC. Evaluation of factor VIII pharmacokinetics and anti-factor VIII antibodies in four boys with haemophilia A and a poor clinical response to factor VIII. Haemophilia. 2011;17:155-6.
- Kempton CL, Soucie JM, Miller CH, Hooper C, Escobar MA, Cohen AJ, Key NS, Thompson AR, Abshire TC. In non-severe hemophilia A the risk of inhibitor following intensive factor treatment is greater in older patients: a case-control study. J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8:2224-31.
- McDowall A, Svensson L, Stanley P, Patzak I, Chakravarty P, Howarth K, Sabnis H, Briones M, Hogg N. Two mutations in the KINDLIN3 gene of a new leukocyte adhesion deficiency III patient reveal distinct effects on leukocyte function in vitro. Blood 2010;115:4834 - 4842.
- Patel, SR, Hendrickson, JE, Smith, NH, Cadwell, CM, Ozato, K, Morse, HC, Yoshimi, R, Zimring, JC. Alloimmunization against RBC or PLT antigens is independent of TRIM21 expression in a murine model. Molecular Immunology 2010: doi:10.1016/j.molimm.2010.12.017 | epub ahead of print.
- Sabnis H, Kirpalani A, Horan J, McDowell A, Svensson L, Cooley A, Merck T, Jobe S, Hogg N, Briones M. Leukocyte adhesion deficiency-III in an African-American patient. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;55:180-2.
- Spencer, H.T., Denning, G., Gautney, R., Dropulic. B., Roy, A.J., Baranyi, L., Gangadharan, B., Parker, E.T., Lollar, P., Doering, C.B., Lentiviral Vector Platform for Production of Bioengineered Recombinant Coagulation Factor VIII. Molecular Therapy Epub 2010 Nov 16. [ePub ahead of print). PMID: 21081907 [PubMed - in process]
- Summers, R.J., Meeks, S.L., Healey, J.F., Brown, H.C., Parker, E.T., Kempton, C.L., Doering, C.B., and Lollar, P. Factor VIII A3 Domain Substitution N1922S Results in Hemophilia A Due to Domain-Specific Misfolding and Hyposecretion of Functional Protein. Blood Dec. 16 (ePub ahead of print) DOI 10.1182/blood-2010-09-307074.
Clinical and Research Support