Through discovery, innovation and collaboration, researchers at the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta are searching for ways to improve the outcomes and quality of life for children with solid tumors.
Clinical and Translational Research
Clinical and Translational Researchers
- Improving the effectiveness of chemotherapy in treating neuroblastoma by targeting molecular bodyguards that protect neuroblastoma cells. Learn more
- Biologic validation of Phase I agents
- August KJ, Dalton A, Katzenstein HM, George B, Olson TA, Wasilewski-Masker K, Rapkin LB. The use of zoledronic acid in pediatric cancer patients. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010 Dec 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ghazi B, Carlson GW, Murray DR, Gow KW, Page A, Durham M, Kooby DA, Parker D, Rapkin L, Lawson DH, Delman KA. Utility of lymph node assessment for atypical spitzoid melanocytic neoplasms. Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2010;17: 2471-5.
- Katzenstein HM, Petricca S, Ricketts R, Wasilewski-Masker K, Powell C, Rapkin L, George B, Woods WG, and Olson TA. Intracavitary Cicplatin Therapy for Pediatric Malignancies . Pediatr Blood Cancer 2010;55:452-456.
- Qayed M, Powell C, Morgan ER, Haugen M, Katzenstein HM. Irinotecan as maintenance therapy in high-risk hepatoblastoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;54:761-3.
- Russell HV, Groshen SG, Ara T, Declerck YA, Hawkins R, Jackson HA, Daldrup-Link HE, Marachelian A, Skerjanec A, Park JR, Katzenstein H, Matthay KK, Blaney SM, Villablanca JG. A phase I study of zoledronic acid and low-dose cyclophosphamide in recurrent/refractory neuroblastoma: A new approaches to neuroblastoma therapy (NANT) study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shehata B, Gupta NA, Katzenstein H, Steelman CK, Wulkan ML, Gow KW, Bridge JA, Kenney BD, Thompson KS, de Chadarevian JP, Abramowsky CR. Undifferentiated embryonal sarcoma of the liver is associated with mesenchymal hamartoma and multiple chromosomal abnormalities: a review of eleven cases. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2010 Oct 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Summers RJ, Shehata BM, Bleacher JC, Stockwell C, Rapkin L. Mucinous adenocarcinoma of the lung in association with congenital pulmonary airway malformation. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:2256-9.
The Aflac Cancer Center Solid Tumor team conducts leading-edge pediatric cancer research in conjunction with the following local, regional and national organizations: