2014 Conference Information
This conference is open to professionals that work on child abuse cases or want to learn more about relevant child abuse topics.
Note: Registration for the October 2014 conference has not yet opened.
Conference dates and times:
Thursday, October 9th from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday, October 10th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
1001 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30342-1605
Topics to include:
- Vicarious trauma
- An Update on Child Sex Trafficking in Georgia
- A Review of the Georgia Protocol for Multidisciplinary Investigation & Prosecution of Alleged Cases of Child Emotional, Physical and Sexual Abuse & Sexual Exploitation
Mr. Dave Moody, President of C.D. Moody Construction
A child abuse survivor and prominently featured on the new Stewards of Children
Registration for the October 2014 conference has not yet opened.
There is no cost to attend this conference, but pre-registration is required. Space is limited. Meals, parking, and conference materials are included with registration. Continuing education will be provided for various relevant disciplines.
Approved continuing education credits for various disciplines will be posted periodically. Please check back for more information.
For more information: Contact Elizabeth Williams, Conference Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-785-7694.
Information regarding the April 24, 2014 Conference:
View the conference agenda.
This course has been approved for continuing education credits by the following organizations:
- Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council - 7 hours
- National Association of Social Workers - Georgia Chapter - 6 core hours
- Georgia Nurses Association - 6.25 contact hours
- Medical Association of Georgia - Continuing Medical Education - 6.5 hours
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing education for physicians.
Children's designates this live for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Georgia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Approval as a provider refers to recognition of educational activities only and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation or Georgia Nurses Association approval or endorsement of any product.