Services provided at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston
The ECMO Center at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta provides advanced, life saving technology with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machines for neonates, children, cardiac patients and adults. These sophisticated heart and lung bypass machines assume a patient’s heart and lung functions allowing these organs to heal during some critical illnesses. Children’s ECMO Center:
- Has treated more than 800 patients since January 1991;
- Is one of a few pediatric ECMO centers in the southeast
- Is a member of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO), a data registry for national and international ECMO Centers.
Services offered by the ECMO Center at Children’s include:
The ECMO team caring for your child is made up of a neonatologist or an intensivist, surgeon, ECMO primer, ECMO specialist, ICU nurses and respiratory therapists. Ongoing research projects enable our team to continually provide quality care to our critically ill patients.
The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta ECMO Center:
- Provides extracorporeal life support to critically ill patients in an ongoing effort to exceed the expectations of medical therapies available to our community.
- Evaluates and safely introduces advanced technologies for managing critically ill patients.
- Aggressively seeks knowledge and advancements that improve the quality, efficiency and outcome of care to critically ill patients.
If you are previous Children's ECMO patient, please join us for our annual reunion this Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 11 am - 1 pm in the Egleston Garden.
1405 Clifton Road, Atlanta GA, 30322
Call 404-785-1799 to RSVP or contact Monika.Cordona@choa.org.