Of the hundreds of patients we see each day, most are able to be examined, diagnosed, treated and on their way home approximately an hour and a half after their arrival.
What is turnaround time?
We track the time patients spend at our centers. The turnaround time is tracked from the time a patient registers with us until he leaves.
Why is turnaround time important?
We know that you and your children want to get home as quickly as possible. We have processes in place to help move patients through our system and get them back to being kids.
Sometimes we have to take additional tests like labs or X-rays that can add time to your child’s visit. We do our best to get test results quickly, but we want to make sure we take the time to properly diagnose and treat your child.
Different conditions need different types of care, so some visits are longer or shorter than others. We track our turnaround time so that we can continue to improve.
How does Children’s help ensure we are providing high-quality care?
Our Urgent Care Centers:
- Are 100 percent dedicated to pediatric patients.
- Focus on the patient experience and try to make it as painless as possible.
- Help minimize pain before a patient goes into an exam room and end each visit with a popsicle.
- Are staffed with board-certified pediatricians—not just nurse practitioners.
- Are open when your pediatricians’ offices aren’t—including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have on-site lab and X-ray services to help quickly diagnose conditions.
- Our on-site X-ray services use up to 50 percent less radiation than some adult facilities.
- Can send prescriptions right to your pharmacy.
- Track patient satisfaction to help our teams improve the experience at our facilities.
- Have access to the Children's network of doctors and specialists.