The APTA accredited Physical Therapy Residency Program aims to provide the highest quality clinical learning experience. As one of only six accredited pediatric PT programs in the country, the experience our participants gain is unparalleled. Our residents work comprehensively across the pediatric continuum in multiple settings including acute, inpatient rehab, outpatient (including orthotics and prosthetics), and school (including early intervention). During the year-long clinically based program, residents experience a variety of specialty practices and community-based services through six rotations.
Program rotations include:
- Acute care at Egleston and Scottish Rite Hospitals
- Adolescent Sports Medicine
- Inpatient and Day rehab programs
- Outpatient, to include school based and EI experiences
Jessica Hinkle, a former resident, commented on the strength of the program. "Being a Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta resident expands both your clinical and interpersonal skills. This program improves your abilities in all areas. It really pushes you to be the best."
- Residents are hired as staff level 1 physical therapists and receive the appropriate privileges and benefits at Children’s.
- Continued education is offered to residents in preparation for the PCS examination.
- Children’s job placement opportunities are available post residency for those who qualify.
The application for the 2013-2014 residency program will be posted in early 2013. The 12-month program will start in August 2013.
All applicant inquiries should be directed to Andrea Byrne.