It takes a special person to care for a child. Someone willing to celebrate each patient's triumphs and console them through the trying times. We need people who demonstrate integrity, honesty and teamwork in all they do.
Video: Pediatric Nurse Awards: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Credit: Abracadabra Video, Inc.
Jennifer Althausen a nurse in the technology-dependent intensive care unit at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston talks about why she loves taking care of kids.
Top Children's Hospital
Children's is one of the top hospitals in the nation as ranked by U.S.News & World Report. But, our three hospitals and 17 neighborhood locations are more than just bricks and mortar. They are filled with passion and heart of more than 7,000 employees who call Children's their second home.
Our Commitment to Wellness and Safety
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is committed to the health of our patients and their families, our visitors and our staff. Because tobacco use is a major cause of disease, and exposure to secondhand smoke has serious adverse effects, all Children's locations are 100% tobacco free inside and out.
As a healthcare leader, we must lead by example in maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing drug and nicotine tests.
We are so committed to patient and employee safety that we focus on eliminating preventable health care-associated infections and promoting health and wellness for our staff. Just a few of our initiatives include:
- Influenza vaccination: The annual influenza vaccine is mandated for all Children's Healthcare of Atlanta employees.
- Hand hygiene: All of our staff commit to proper hand hygiene.
- Patient safety: Our philosophy of One is Not Zero ensures safety for our patients.
- Employee health: Staff have access to Employee Health for quick response when needed. Staff also participate in an annual health assessment.
- Strong4Life: Our award-winning employee wellness program offers something for everyone.