The Explorers program provides an opportunity for 30 high school students (grades 9 - 12) to learn and practice leadership skills while discovering a new and exciting world of healthcare careers. Explorers attend lectures and panel discussions by Children's Healthcare of Atlanta physicians as well as healthcare professionals employed by the hospital. Potential opportunities include:
• TALK with doctors, physician assistants, physical therapists and medical specialists about their experiences in healthcare.
• EXPLORE career opportunities in Child Life, the Children's Foundation, Rehab, and many other unique fields.
• LEARN about procedures used by a wide range of healthcare professionals including surgeons, psychiatrists, and pharmacists.
• MEET other students interested in the medical field.
The Explorers application for 2014-2015 is available. Apply now.
For more information, read the Program Overview.
- Application due date is August, 29 2014.
- The cost for the program is $20, which includes a uniform and materials.
- Students must attend 5 out of the 6 scheduled sessions to receive a certificate of completion.
- Students can only participate in one Explorer program during their high school career.
All sessions are on the third Tuesday of the month from 6 pm - 7 pm. Transportation to each location is the attendee's responsibility.
- September 16, 2014 - Children's at Scottish Rite
- October 21, 2014 - Children's at Egleston
- November 18, 2014 - Children's at Egleston
- February 17, 2015 - Marcus Autism Center
- March 17, 2015 - Children's at Hughes Spalding
- April 21, 2015 - Children's Office Park