Children's Physician Group—Infectious Diseases
Caring for Children and Young Adults
We provide treatment and follow up care for children and young adults with a variety of conditions related to infectious diseases, including:
- Antibacterial treatment failures
- Antiviral and antifungal therapies
- Fevers of unknown origin
- Frequent, recurrent or unusual infections
- Diagnosis and management of HIV and AIDS
- Serious or life-threatening infections
- Infections with unusual organisms
- Medical management of bone or joint infections
- Recurrent skin and soft tissue infections
- Infections in individuals with suppressed immune systems
Scheduling and Appointments
- Call 404-785-0977 to make, cancel or reschedule an appointment
- We do not allow walk-in appointments
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Bring
- If you are a new patient, print our new patient form, complete it and bring it with you
- Driver's license
- Insurance card
- Your child's medicine or a list of your child's medicines with dosages
- Questions for the doctor or nurse
- Cash for parking (allow an extra 15 minutes to park)
- It is important to let us know of any changes with your insurance. We will need your most up-to-date information to get approval for medications and/or procedures.
- It is your responsibility to know what is covered by your insurance policy. We will try to get all necessary approvals from your insurance company before your child's procedure.
- Call 404-785-0977 to refer a patient.
- Download a copy of our referral form.
- Fax all referral related documents to 404-785-9111.
- Fax prior authorization forms to 404-785-3236.
- Fax prescription refills to 404-785-9113.
- Fax all other documents to 404-785-9098.
Meet the Team
The following physicians part of the Children's Physician Group.
- Paul Spearman, M.D.
- Evan Anderson, M.D.
- Frank Berkowitz, M.B.B.Ch., M.P.H.
- Andres Camacho-Gonzalez, M.D.
- Rana Chakraborty, M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Ann Charoudi, M.D., Ph.D.
- Julie Gutman, M.D., M.Sc.
- Joseph A. Hilinski, M.D.
- Harry Keyserling, M.D.
- Allison C. Ross, M.D.
- Andi L. Shane, M.D., M.P.H., M.Sc.
Our team is also involved in a variety of clinical research projects around infectious diseases, with an emphasis on the following areas:
- Causes of diarrheal illness
- Clinical trials of vaccines and antibiotics
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Immunity to infectious diseases
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and vaccine advancements