The Future of Pediatric Care
Our patients inspire us to never settle. We see them fight for their lives every day, and our vision for the new campus is nothing short of transformative pediatric care—for every patient we see.
Our future state-of-the-art campus is designed to improve outcomes, help our clinicians deliver cutting-edge care and bring lifesaving medical research directly to patients.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s North Druid Hills campus will be a huge leap forward in how we care for Georgia’s kids. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- 116 more patient beds than currently at Egleston hospital, helping us treat more kids and be well-positioned as the region grows and our approaches to treatment change over time
- Larger, private rooms so parents can comfortably stay with their children during their most challenging times
- Convenient amenities for families: washers and dryers, family lounges and kitchenettes on every floor, with child life activity rooms throughout
- More than 20 acres of greenspace, which allow for miles of walking trails and healing views from patient rooms, as research shows exposure to nature reduces the need for some medications and improves outcomes
- More than double the conference and simulation space than at Egleston hospital, to help train fellows and allow our clinicians to stay current with best practices
- A Special Care Unit (SCU) within the new Emergency Department for the treatment of patients with potentially highly infectious disease cases
- The use of sustainable materials has been prioritized in the planning and design process for energy and water efficiency. Our Center for Advanced Pediatrics is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certified, and our newly opened Support Center and future Arthur M. Blank Hospital are on track to earn LEED Silver certification
See What’s in Store
These renderings of the future Children’s campus show just some of its benefits: convenient access to I-85, offices and clinics located near each other for well-coordinated care, and abundant greenspace and towers with healing views for our patients.
Targeting 2025—Construction Timeline for Our Campus
Three years of thoughtful planning, input from key stakeholders, smart testing and five years of careful construction combined will make this transformative campus a reality. With your help, we’ll treat our first patient at the new North Druid Hills campus in 2025.
Make a Difference
With your help, we’ll make better care a reality for kids who need our help—for generations.DONATE