When your child needs a blood or marrow transplant, we could tell you that our BMT Program is one of the largest in the nation. But to us, your child is more than a number. Your child deserves the best care designed just for him at the Aflac Cancer Center.
From preparing your child for his transplant to coaching parents on recovery care, we are here for your family every step of the way.
Why Choose the Aflac Cancer Center
- Performed more than 900 pediatric blood and marrow transplants (BMTs) since our program's inception in 1985
- Pioneer in transplanting children with sickle cell disease—performed the world's first successful unrelated cord blood transplant for a patient with sickle cell disease
- Achieved excellent Day +100 survival rates for both autologous and allogeneic transplants
- Is recognized as a national leader in transplanting patients with sickle cell disease—we have cured more than 40 children
- We treat a variety of cancerous and noncancerous diseases such as sickle cell
- Is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)