With the guidance of the Children’s staff, volunteers work a set weekly schedule within one of the following hospital areas:
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Direct Patient Care
We select a limited number of applicants each month to interview for available placements. Volunteers are chosen by matching your interests and availability with our most urgent needs. Although we are continually assessing the volunteer needs of Children’s, we may not be able to match your interests and availability with our current opportunities. All applications are reviewed for placement for up to three months.
Current Volunteer Needs
How to apply
1. You must meet the following requirements to be a volunteer:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Agree to a scheduled, weekly three-hour shift for a minimum of one year.
- Interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Pass a criminal background check (final acceptance pending results)
- Provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox, and tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap).
- Be willing to receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening (via blood test).
- Be willing to receive annual flu vaccination.
- Adhere to the Children’s policies and procedures.
2. Review the available volunteer placements within our opportunity directories above.
3. Review the volunteer manual.
4. Complete the volunteer assessment which unlocks the volunteer application upon receiving a minimum score of 80%.
5. Complete the volunteer application. List which of our open placements fro mthe opportunity directory that you are interested in applying to in the "comments" section of your application.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Your completed application will go directly into our volunteer database. Should you be selected for an open position, a volunteer coordinator will contact you for a personal interview. We hold each application for review for three months, and make every effort yo place each applicant in a volunteer position.