With the guidance of the Children’s staff, volunteers work a set weekly schedule within one of the following hospital areas:
- Direct patient care
- Customer service
- Administrative support
We select a limited number of applicants each month to interview for available placements. Volunteers are chosen by matching your interests and availability with our most urgent needs. Although we are continually assessing the volunteer needs of Children’s, we may not be able to match your interests and availability with our current opportunities. All applications are kept on file and reviewed for three months.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. We are fortunate that all of our volunteer needs for the holiday season have been met, therefore we are currently not accepting applications at this time. The Adult Volunteer application will reopen on January 5, 2018.
1. You must meet the following requirements to be a volunteer:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Agree to a scheduled, weekly three-hour shift for a minimum of one year.
- Interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Pass a criminal background check. (Final acceptance pending results)
- Provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox, and tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap).
- Be willing to receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening (via blood test).
- Be willing to receive annual flu vaccination.
- Follow through with any additional training your placement may require.
- Adhere to the Children’s policies and procedures.
- Complete the online volunteer application and orientation process.
Review the volunteer manual
Begin the volunteer assessment
- You must score at least 80 percent on the volunteer assessment to qualify to volunteer. After qualifying, you will receive access to the link to our online volunteer application
Volunteer at neighborhood locations in Metro Atlanta
Children's neighborhood locations may have volunteer opportunities as well. Various duties include customer service, administrative tasks and limited patient care. To receive more information about the current needs at a neighborhood location, contact the appropriate volunteer coordinator.
Contact Elise Mercer to volunteer at the locations below:
- Children's at Alpharetta Hwy (Rehabilitation)
- Children’s at Cobb (Rehabilitation)
- Children’s at Duluth (Sports Medicine)
- Children's at Forsyth
- Children’s at Hamilton Mill (Sports Medicine)
- Children's at North Point
- Children's at Sandy Plains (Rehabilitation)
- Children's at Satellite Boulevard
- Children’s at Suwanee (Sports Medicine)
- Children's at Town Center
Contact Katherine Medlock to volunteer at the locations below:
- Children's at Fayette
- Children’s at Hudson Bridge
- Children's at Mt. Zion