We welcome the warmth and enthusiasm that your group of three to five volunteers can bring to our patients by planning a patient activity. Patient activities are fun diversions from everyday hospital life. Your group could host a special performance or put together a one-hour themed event with interactive activities that families and patients can do together. All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate.
How it works
- Decide which hospital you want to serve: Egleston, Scottish Rite or Hughes Spalding.
- Choose some possible dates that work for your group.
- Decide what kind activity you want to plan. See ideas below.
- Contact a volunteer coordinator for your desired location (listed below) six to eight weeks before your event. The volunteer coordinator will discuss our event guidelines, schedule a date and help you finalize the details.
Choose a theme for your event and plan three or four activities that go with your theme. Activities should be age appropriate and interactive. Remember that we serve patients from birth through 21 years old. So be mindful that older patients may attend. Plan the event to last one hour. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Lego building
- Photo booth event
- Karaoke contest
- Arts and crafts
Your group could host a special performance, such as:
- Play, puppet show or other theater performance
- Professional dance performance
- Celebrity and athlete appearance
- Mascot meet and greet
Who to contact
Call 404-785-VOLS and ask for:
- Hughes Spalding: Sondra Brooks
- Egleston: Ansley Johnson
- Scottish Rite: Melanie Turner