Medical Director, Orthopaedic Quality and Outcomes
Scottish Rite Hospital
Children's Orthopaedics of Atlanta
5445 Meridian Mark Road, Suite 250, Atlanta, GA 30342
Education and Training
Emory University School of Medicine,
Duke University Medical Center,
Hip, Knee and Shoulder Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy,
The Steadman Clinic and The Steadman Philippon Research Institute,
Orthopaedic Surgery - Board Eligible, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Sports Medicine - Board Eligible, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Professional Scientific Societies
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- The Piedmont Society
Publications / Presentations
Selected journal articles authored/co-authored by this physician are available at the National Library of Medicine's online resource PubMed.
View other recent publications and presentations by Dr. Willimon.
- Authored/co-authored > 10 publications
- Participated in 2 - International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine - Arthroscopy Association of North America Annual meeting, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Annual meeting national presentations
- Participated in >10 - Duke University Grand Rounds, The Steadman Philippon Research Institute Grand Rounds, J. Leornard Goldner North Carolina Orthopaedic Association Annual meeting local presentations
Areas of Interest
- Arthroscopic Hip Surgery
- Complex Knee Reconstruction
- Multi-ligament Knee Injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, FCL)
- Shoulder Instability, Avascular Necrosis of the Hip
- Meniscal Transplantation
- Cartilage Preservation of the Knee, Hip, and Shoulder
Dr. Willimon has specialty training in hip, knee and shoulder sports medicine.
As Medical Director of Orthopaedic Quality and Outcomes, Dr. Willimon will lead research initiatives and provide oversight of quality and outcome measures for the Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine programs.