Our pediatric orthodontists work closely with craniofacial surgeons, pediatric dentists and other members of the craniofacial team to provide orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning. Diagnostic and radiological imaging are utilized in developing each patient’s individualized treatment plan.
Our orthodontists are also members of the Craniofacial team, which treats children with dental-facial problems such as jaw deformities, cleft lip and palate, and midfacial anomalies. For example:
- Newborns with cleft lip and palate can be fitted with the nasal alveolar molding (NAM) device, which can enhance surgical outcomes and help with feeding.
- Newborns with cleft palate can be treated with palatal appliances to facilitate feeding.
- Newborns with cleft lip and palate can also be fitted with oral/nasal appliances to aid in the restructuring during cleft lip and palate surgery.
- Children and adolescents with significant jaw deformities can be orthodontically prepared for surgical correction.
- Children and adolescents with speech problems can be treated with a speech-aid appliance in coordination with pediatric specialists in the Speech Pathology Laboratory.
For More Information
To contact Orthodontic Services, call 404-785-2072.