According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, pediatric surgery specialists have the widest range of treatment options, the most extensive and comprehensive training and the greatest expertise in treating and caring for the needs of children.
Our nurses, surgeons and anesthesiologists have received specialized training in pediatric surgical specialty services. The team:
- Cares for infants, children and adolescents
- Is experienced in caring for a wide range of medical issues, ranging from hernias or appendicitis, to cancer or serious congenital anomalies
- Performs over 38,000 surgical procedures each year (both inpatient and outpatient)
- State-of-the-art operating rooms at our four Atlanta area locations conveniently located for pediatric outpatient surgery
- Pediatric surgery equipment specifically designed to meet a child’s unique needs
- Pre-op playrooms and bright and cheery surroundings.
- Comprehensive pain management for infants to young adults, creating a more positive surgery experience for children while maintaining excellent surgical outcomes.