Having a child in need of a pediatric transplant can be an overwhelming, life-changing event for the entire family. The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Carlos and Marguerite Mason Transplant Center has provided the following transplant resources for your family.
- Pediatric transplant videos: Watch our transplant videos where you will meet our pediatric transplant teams, hear from some of our patients and learn about our circle of support.
- Patient and family handbooks: Read our comprehensive patient family handbooks to learn more about what you can expect before, during and after a pediatric transplant at Children's.
- Helpful web sites: Links to additional information about the transplant process, organ donation, financial assistance, transitional housing and local Georgia resources.
Programs, clinics and events
- Support groups: Helping transplant patients and families to know they are not alone.
- Adolescent transplant clinics: Clinic specially created for teens to help make the transition to adulthood as smooth as possible.
- Second Chance programs: A variety of special programs designed to involve the entire family in a child’s treatment, including camps, teen activities, an evening with the Atlanta Braves and more.
Coming to Children's
- Photo tours: Take photo tours of the Children's Transplant Center as well as transitional housing facilities at the Ronald McDonald House and the Mason Guest House.
- Family support services: During your child's stay at Children's, we want you and your family to feel safe and comfortable. We provide child life specialists, social workers, financial counselors, chaplains, school teachers, interpreters and other additional services for our families.
- Financial counseling: We want to assist families in understanding their insurance benefits and obligations. We also want to provide support in times of financial difficulties.
- Transitional housing: In an effort to meet the needs of families traveling great distances to receive healthcare, transitional or temporary housing options are offered.
- Patient stories: Read success stories from some of our amazing transplant patients.
- In the news: Read recent news articles featuring the Children's Mason Transplant Center, our staff and our patients.