Children's understands the vital role families play in the health and well-being of their children, and we acknowledge the insight families can bring to the care we provide.
To continue to enhance this environment of collaboration, we have the Children's Family Advisory Council (FAC). The FAC gives parents a formal opportunity to become a partner of Children's.
Made up of parents of Children's patients—both past and present—as well as staff members from various divisions of our hospital, this group gives us an invaluable opportunity to view our care through a patient/family perspective.
The council meets regularly to help guide Children's on a variety of topics—from hospital parking and patient billing to hospital services, procedures and amenities.
|Some members of the Patient Family Advisory Council (from left to right): Patrick Doyle, Laura Lenaeus, Andy Marks, Rachel Wittenberg, Barbara King, Kelley Oakley, Michelle Morea, Laura Mixson, Valerie Harper.
We focus on enhancing the lives of children and promoting relationship-based care that:
- Helps improve relationships between patients, families and staff.
- Creates a welcome forum for family input.
- Gives families the opportunity to review recommendations referred to the council by hospital staff.
- Offers families the chance to have input in program and policy development.
- Provides an outlet to channel information and the needs and concerns of patient/families to hospital departments.
We are looking for family members to serve on the FAC. If you are a parent or family member, you are eligible to apply if:
- Your child has received care in any facility at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- You want to help us make Children’s the best that it can be
Apply now to become part of the Family Advisory Council.
Members must be able to devote two years of service to the council, attend daytime meetings every other month and complete requests as needed.