Toys and In-kind Donations
Thank you for your interest in donating toys for patients at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. See below for guidelines and items on the list.
Note that for the health and safety of patients and hospital visitors, all donations must be accepted in the hospital lobby. Individuals and groups are not permitted to pass out donations directly to patients or families.
We ask that you deliver your donation sorted by age to the information desk in the hospital’s main lobby Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Be sure to complete a donation record card while you are there so that Children’s can acknowledge your gift.
We understand that not all individuals can make a visit to our hospitals to deliver donations. As an alternative, items can be purchased online and will be delivered on your behalf.
Guidelines to Help Ensure Safety and Infection Prevention
- All toys and stuffed animals must be new and unwrapped.
- Handmade items, like blankets and scarves, must be washed before delivery in an allergen free detergent and come from a smoke-free environment. Call a Volunteer Services coordinator with any specific questions about handmade donations.
- Recommended age labeling should be used as a guide. Read safety messages on packaging.
- Toys must be non-toxic.
- Toys promoting violence are not appropriate.
- Toys must be sturdy. Avoid toys that can break, leaving sharp edges.
- Toys with numerous small parts that require close supervision are not appropriate.
- Fire regulations prohibit electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys.
- DVD's must be rated G, PG or PG-13.
- Arts and Crafts kits should not include glitter.
- Rubber/latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospitals.
- We do not accept cards for patients.
Infants and toddlers
Rattles and squeeze toys, Crib Activity Center, musical crib mobile (no cloth) with bed rail clamp, Fisher-Price Rainforest Waterfall Soother, music boxes, infant lullabies, Click'n Chatter Telephone, Baby Einstein DVD's and toys, Baby's First Blocks and Play Gym, non-breakable infant crib mirrors that clip onto a rail, pop-up toys, Fisher-Price Little People, plastic links to hang rattles on crib, plain "onesies" (clothing item), teething rings (no cloth), toys that light up or make noise, 6" stuffed animals with non-glass eyes, infant swings, exersaucers and necessary batteries for items.
Touch books, Baby Einstein products, Play-Doh, Lego Duplo Blocks, Little Tykes toys, blowing bubbles, Little Kids "No Spills" Bubble Tumblers, Fisher-Price play medical kit, cars and trucks, Brio trains, non-toxic paint/brushes, plastic cars and animals, plastic food, Mr. Potato Head, Big Wheels, big dolls, coloring books, big crayons, Fisher-Price Peek-a-Blocks, clothing items and medium-sized stuffed animals.
Puzzles, Barbie's, large-sized blankets, Magna Doodle, games (Monopoly Junior, Sorry, Connect Four, Guess Who, LIFE, Trouble, Apples to Apples, checkers), Legos, Lego Friends, small trucks, Crayola art kits, coloring books and crayons, jewelry kits with beads, DVD's, action figures, handheld games, Wii games, markers, non-toxic paint/brushes, battery run toys (please include batteries), school supplies, "I Spy" books, harmonicas, Spider Man, clothing items and stuffed animals.
$5 gift cards (iTunes, Target, Wal-Mart), large-sized blankets, card games (UNO, Scrabble Slam, Monopoly Deal), Jenga, Taboo, playing cards, model kits, craft kits (no sand), stationery, pen and pencil sets, plastic picture frames for decorating, wordsearch and crossword puzzle books, hair accessories, brushes and combs, PG-13 DVD's, handheld games, cosmetics (hand lotion, body sponges, soaps), journals, NERF footballs and other sport balls, nail polish, Wii games, phone chargers (iPhone, Android, etc.) and clothing items.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a drop off appointment for a large donation, contact: