One of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country
Our not-for-profit healthcare system includes:
- 622 licensed beds
- 3 hospitals
- Marcus Autism Center
- 27 neighborhood locations, including seven Urgent Care Centers
- More than 80 telemedicine locations around Georgia
- More than 50 pediatric cardiologists in 24 locations statewide
- More than 10,600 employees
- Access to more than 2,000 pediatric physicians and practitioners representing more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs
- 7,000 volunteers
Measuring our impact
In 2016, Children's managed:
- 1,008,830 patient visits
- 391,277 patients (from all 159 counties in Georgia)
- 27,836 hospital admissions
- 161,475 inpatient days
- 973,482 outpatient visits
- 42,781 surgical procedures (inpatient and outpatient)
- 236,595 Emergency Department visits
- 154,091 Urgent Care Center visits
- 42,331 primary care visits
- 81,047 calls from parents across Georgia to the Children’s nurse advice line
In 2016, we continued making strides with Strong4Life, our movement to lead the fight against childhood obesity in Georgia.
- Strong4Life served more than 300,000 kids.
- Strong4Life trained a total of 200 healthcare providers.
- Strong4Life worked with a total of 600 schools, school cafeteria managers and students.
- The Strong4Life Clinic saw 1,221 total patient visits.
- Camp Strong4Life hosted 93 campers and their family members, reducing/maintaining 76 percent of campers’ BMI.