Children’s Sleep Center technologists, nurses and physicians interact with children every day and understand their special needs and how to help them if they are scared. The Children’s Sleep Center evaluates and treats children from birth to age 21 who have sleep disorders. Child-friendly facilities are customized for patients, and equipment is specially designed to fit young and growing bodies of all shapes and sizes. Watch an educational video about sleep disorders and your experience at the Sleep Center.
The Children’s Sleep Center works with other specialties. Team conferences are conducted with the specialty physicians involved in treating sleep disorders and are designed to assure quality outcomes of the patient's treatment. These multidisciplinary conferences allow us to focus on:
- Providing timely diagnoses
- Optimal medical and surgical management
- Cost-effective care
- Identifying and coordinating community resources
- Identifying family stressors and providing support
- Establishing long-term care plans as appropriate
Scope of Services
The Sleep Center offers evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders as a resource for community physicians and parents. Children from birth to age 21 are evaluated for a variety of sleep disorders. This is accomplished through a clinic where we provide consultation and management of:
- obstructive sleep apnea
- nightmares and sleep terrors
- other problems with excessive sleepiness
- restless legs syndrome
- other abnormal movements during sleep and any other problems related to sleep.
The lab also provides overnight polysomnogram (sleep study)
, CPAP titration and daytime multiple sleep latency tests to diagnose common sleep-related breathing disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea.