As physicians we know that eating right and exercising are good for our bodies. Sometimes we are so busy taking care of everyone else that we don’t prioritize taking care of ourselves. That’s why we’ve developed activities such as our annual Physician Steps Challenge and provide healthy, tasty snacks in the physician lounges. Let’s help each other jump-start healthy habits.
Races and Training Programs
Each year Children's employees participate in the Publix Half Marathon, Autism Speaks Walk, Superhero Sprint, Kaiser Permanente 5K and Associated Credit Union All-Star Run.
2018 race dates:
- Publix Half Marathon - March 18
- Autism Speaks Walk - April 29
- Kaiser Permanente 5K - October 24
- Associated Credit Union All-Star Run - November
If you or a team of coworkers would like to complete any of the races mentioned above or another community race, such as a 5K, a 10K or marathon, Strong4Life offers beginner training plans. Contact Strong4Life@choa.org if you have a team ready to train.
Additional training resources:
- 6 Month Beginner 5K Training Plan
- 6 Month Competitor 5K Training Plan
- 6 Week Beginner 5K Training Plan
- 6 Week Competitor 5K Training Plan
- Half Marathon Easy Run Training Plan
- Half Marathon Competitor Training Plan
Tools for healthy living
Physicians, use the tools below to move more and make healthier food choices.