Save Your Spot
We now have online scheduling at all five of our Urgent Care Center locations. This new system allows you to select a time that you would like to come to the center, enabling you to get in line for check-in before you even leave the house. Learn more.
About Urgent Care
Children's urgent care locations offer convenient and specialized care for minor illnesses and injuries.
Unlike retail clinics, our Urgent Care Center have doctors and nurses who are specially trained to treat children and teens.
And, because we are committed to getting your child home and better faster, we electronically send his prescription to your pharmacy, so it is ready when you get there.
Care for Kids
Minor illnesses and injuries treated, include:
- Allergic reaction
- Bites or stings
- Cold and flu
- Coughing and wheezing
- Earaches and ear infections
- Fevers (children older than 2 months)
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts
- Minor head injury
- Simple fracture, sprain or strain
- Skin rash
- Sore throat
- Vomiting and diarrhea
When can I bring my child to a Children's Urgent Care Center?
We are open seven days a week, including holidays.
- 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Friday
- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Holidays
Hours may be affected by unanticipated circumstances. Check back for real-time updates.
What is urgent care and when should I use it?
Our Urgent Care Centers treat your child’s minor illnesses and injuries that may need immediate medical attention. When your child has a minor emergency or illness and his regular doctor is not available, especially on evenings and weekends, we are here for you.
An average Urgent Care Center visit takes less time and is often less expensive than an Emergency Department visit.
How do Children's Urgent Care Centers partner with my family doctor?
We know how important your relationship is with your child’s doctor. We also know that many minor illnesses and injuries happen when your doctor’s office is closed. That’s why, when your child visits our Urgent Care Center for medical care, we provide a report to your child's doctor so he may follow up on the care, if necessary. In addition, your child’s doctor may send you to one of our Urgent Care Centers for outpatient lab tests or X-rays, if needed.
What is different between Children’s Urgent Care Centers compared to other urgent care centers or retail clinics?
Children are not small adults. Children and teens need specialized treatment, equipment and support. Unlike adult urgent care centers and retail clinics, our doctors and nurses are specially trained to treat your child or teen. Additionally, our Urgent Care Centers have:
- A pediatrician on staff
- A Fast Track program to shorten wait and treatment times for children with less serious illnesses and injuries
- Lab and X-ray services to quickly diagnose your child in one location
- A comprehensive fracture program that is overseen by a pediatric orthopaedic specialist
- Access to Children's, including 1,600 doctors training in 30 pediatric specialties
What can I expect when visiting Children's Urgent Care Centers?
You and your child can expect to receive quality care at Children’s Urgent Care Centers.
- First, you will register and sign a treatment consent form.
- Next, a member of our staff will do an initial screen of your child.
- Your child will then go to an exam room to see one of our care providers.
- X-ray and lab services may be needed and are available at the centers.
- After your child has been examined and diagnosed, he will be discharged.
- The nurse will give you detailed instructions for care at home, as well as prescriptions if needed.
Who will we see when I bring my child to an Urgent Care Center?
When you arrive at the center, your child will be seen by one of our doctors or nurse practitioners. They are specially trained to treat children of all ages. The doctors and staff look forward to working with you and your child's doctor to make sure your child gets the best medical care.
Does Children’s take my insurance for urgent care visits?
Healthcare insurance coverage varies, depending on the type of medical plan benefits you have. Call your healthcare insurance provider to confirm that our doctors are covered under your plan and to find out if a referral is necessary to visit the Urgent Care Center.
Other services located next door at Children's Outpatient Surgery Center at Satellite Boulevard include:
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Surgical Services