Visitors are welcome at Children’s. If your question is not answered below, please call our operator at 404-785-KIDS (5437).
- Parents and guardians: 24 hours a day, every day (unless a doctor of nurse says otherwise).
- All other visitors: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., every day.
- Intensive Care Units (ICU): Same as above, but special instructions apply. Ask staff about complete ICU visiting policies.
After visiting hours
Visitors who want to stay after normal visiting hours must:
- Get permission from a parent or guardian and a nurse
- Sign in at the information desk when the end of visiting hours is announced
- Show a picture ID to get a visitor’s sticker
- Wear the sticker in a visible place at all times
Healthy children of any age, including siblings and friends of the patient, are welcome to visit Children’s except during flu season. They:
- Must be with an adult family member at all times if they are younger than 14 years old.
- May use the activity centers—such as libraries and gardens—although play rooms on the units are restricted to patients.
- May attend any special activities with patients.
- Must be 12 years or older, and free of fever or viral symptoms, to visit during respiratory-illness season (fall and winter). Since flu season varies from year to year, please call the operator at 404-785-KIDS (5437) for more information about when these restrictions are in effect for young visitors.
To support a healing environment, smoking and the use of all tobacco products is not permitted at Children’s. This pertains to all indoor and outdoor areas of our campuses.