Day Rehabilitation is a full-day therapy program that is structured like a regular school day. It is available from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The focus of the program is the return of the functional skills necessary for continuing recovery and school re-entry.
The rehabilitation team–which includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses and a certified teacher–educates patients and helps them obtain the skills and confidence for everyday activities, placing a special focus on:
- Physical therapy—mobility, walking or wheelchair skills, coordination and balance
- Occupational therapy—activities of daily living, self-care, bathing, grooming, dressing and cooking
- Speech-language pathology—communication, speaking, reading, writing and swallowing
- School re-entry—problem solving, organizing, completing daily tasks, reading and writing
- Community reintegration—play, leisure skills, driving and work