The Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Assistive Technology Center offers an extensive inventory of equipment, evaluations and technology to help children increase their independence. Our interdisciplinary team is specially trained to work with patients up to age 21 and includes:
- Speech-language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
Our comprehensive services
Alternative communication options encourage independence.
- Picture boards
- Communication books
- Speech-generating devices
- Laptop computers with adapted software or applications
- Extensive inventory of switches, joysticks and eye-gaze accessories
Advanced computer systems help patients with computer and technical skills.
- Specially designed keyboards
- Adaptive mouse technology
- Voice input, switches or Morse code
Seating and mobility
Adaptive seating helps increase mobility, independence and use of assistive technology.
- Custom seating systems
- Powered mobility equipment and training
- Equipment to assist activities of daily living
The team also helps patients with their needed resources and equipment, like connections with vendors and certificates for funding.
Call 404-785-3718 for more information about our Assistive Technology Center or direct scheduling.