The goal of our Brain Injury Program is to get patients to the functional level necessary to return home and to the community as quickly as possible. For more than two decades, we have taught parents and caregivers how to help children progress during recovery.
Our program is designed specifically for patients experiencing difficulties as a result of a brain injury or other related neurological conditions. Benefits include:
- Treatment from birth to age 21
- Access to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology and audiology
- 28 bed facility—one of the largest pediatric inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the country
- Three board-certified pediatric physiatrists
- Therapeutic recreation
- Patient and family support groups
- The Zone
- Strong4Life Teaching Garden
- B.R.A.I.N. Program, a summer program for teenagers with acquired brain injuries
Every brain injury results in a series of challenges—some greater than others. Children, adolescents and teens who have suffered a brain injury need specialized rehabilitation to regain their skills and abilities and address new challenges resulting from their injury.
Patients need an individualized and progressive treatment plan to help them succeed and reach their full potential. We provide support for patients and their families with therapeutic recreation, education and counseling.