How Can I Volunteer at Children's?
With guidance from the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta staff, adult volunteers work a set weekly schedule in one of the following hospital areas:
- Administrative support
- Customer service
- Direct patient care
We select a limited number of applicants each month to interview for available placements. Volunteers are chosen by matching your interests and availability with our most urgent needs. Although we are continually assessing the needs for adult volunteers at Children’s, we may not be able to match your interests and availability with our current opportunities. All applications for placement are reviewed for up to three months.
Current volunteer needs
At this time, our adult volunteer application is closed. It will reopen on January 8th with our openings for the new year. Please check back then.
How Do I Apply to Volunteer at Children's?
- You must meet the following requirements to volunteer at Children’s as an adult:
- Be at least 18 years old and not currently enrolled in college.
- Agree to a scheduled, weekly three-hour shift for a minimum of one year.
- Interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Pass a criminal background check (final acceptance pending results).
- Provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella (MMR); chickenpox; and tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap).
- Be willing to receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening (via blood test).
- Be willing to receive an annual flu vaccination.
- Adhere to Children’s policies and procedures.
- Review the available volunteer placements within our opportunity directories. (see current needs posted above)
- Review the volunteer manual.
- Complete the volunteer assessment that unlocks the volunteer application upon receiving a minimum score of 80 percent.
- Complete the volunteer application. List which open placements from the opportunity directory you are interested in applying for in the “comments” section of your application. List which open placements from the opportunity directory you are interested in on your application.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Children’s. Your completed application will go directly into our volunteer database. If you are selected for an open position, a volunteer coordinator will contact you for an interview. We hold each application for review for three months and make every effort to place each applicant in a volunteer position.
What Are Other Ways to Get Involved?
Lend your support to our community’s children at one of our fundraising events.
Interested in volunteering outside of the hospital? Fundraising events are held throughout the year to benefit Children’s. Join us at an event by applying to volunteer today.JOIN US