MYchart is an online tool designed to help you streamline your child’s care. It can be accessed using a computer, smartphone or tablet. With MYchart, you can securely connect with your child’s healthcare team and access much of his medical information 24 hours a day.
What can I do with MYchart?
- Pay your bill online: Make a one-time payment, set up recurring payments, view statements, and access your payment history.
- Communicate with your child’s doctor: Electronically communicate with your child’s healthcare team, and get answers to your medical questions from the comfort of your own home.
- Manage your child’s appointments: Schedule your child’s next appointment (for select specialties), or view details of your child’s past and upcoming appointments.
- Complete forms: Complete forms online before your child’s visit.
- Receive reminders: Receive electronic reminders for your child’s upcoming appointments and tests.
- Access test results: No more waiting for a phone call or a letter. View your child’s test results and the doctor’s comments within days.
- Request prescription refills: Send a refill request for any of your child’s refillable medicines.
- Access and request records: View and print immunization records, and request copies of your child’s medical records. View step-by-step instructions on how to request medical records.
- Check-in for your appointment: View step-by-step instructions for appointments using e-Check-In.
Electronic prescription of controlled substances
To make it easier for you to fill prescriptions, your child’s provider may now send prescriptions for controlled substances directly to your pharmacy. If your child already takes a controlled substance, you no longer need a paper prescription. You may pick up your medication at a participating pharmacy without needing to drop off a prescription beforehand. To request a refill, call your child’s provider.
To help you feel more involved in your child’s care, we have added a feature in MYchart called Open Notes. Through Open Notes, you can now view providers’ notes in MYchart. Notes often cover information about diagnoses, tests, procedures, medicines and treatment plans.
- The timing for when you can view notes depends upon the care setting.
- Only notes from doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners completed after March 10, 2021, will be available in MYchart.
- Certain notes may not be available in MYchart due to state or federal regulations. You may be able to access some notes that are not available in MYchart by requesting your child’s medical record.
More About MYchart
Making your life easier
At Children’s, we understand managing your child’s healthcare can be a difficult and confusing task. We think this process should be simple. Learn more about how MYchart can help you.
If you do not have a MYchart account, you will need to request access.
To request access online:
- Visit mychart.choa.org.
- Click “Sign up now.”
- Click “Sign up online” under “No activation code?” and follow the prompts to complete your request.
A MYchart invitation email will be sent to you within three to five business days after you submit this request.
You may also request access when you check in for your next appointment at Children’s or one of our MYchart participating practices. You will receive a MYchart invitation email after your visit.
Once you have received your MYchart invitation email, simply click the “here” link in the email and complete the activation process. You will have 24 hours to complete this process. If you do not complete these steps within 24 hours, you will need to request another email.
Step-by-step instructions for activating your MYchart account.
Once your account is activated, you will be able to access MYchart from a variety of places:
- MYchart mobile app: Download the MYchart app for free from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Children’s mobile app: This free app is available from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Computer, smartphone or tablet: Visit mychart.choa.org on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Note, access to your child’s MYchart account will vary by the age of your child.
- Patients under age 13: Parents have full access to their child’s MYchart account.
- Patients age 13 to 18: Teens in this age range may access their own MYchart information with their parent’s or guardian’s consent.
- Patients age 18 and older: Patients have full access to their own accounts.
If you have questions about MYchart, call 404-785-7844.