After your child receives care at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, we will immediately send a claim to your insurance company to pay your bill. You will receive a bill from us explaining that we have sent a claim to your insurance company. After we receive payment from your insurance company, Children’s will send you a bill for the remaining balance.
Review the bill carefully. Any questions about the portion paid or not paid should be directed to your insurance company. Your insurance company’s customer service telephone number is usually printed on the back of your insurance card.
Depending on the services your child receives, you may get more than one bill from Children’s or other providers affiliated with us. In addition to our bill, you may also receive a bill from a physician or professional service or anesthesia service.
Online payments will be processed within 24 hours of receipt. If you do not have a copy of your statement or have questions about online payments, contact us for assistance at 404-785-5589 or email@example.com.
- Pay by phone: Call 404-785-5589 and select option 1.
- Pay by mail: Send check or money order to:
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Patient Accounts Department
P.O. Box 116293
Atlanta, GA 30368
For Hughes Spalding Hospital bills:
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding
P.O. Box 102485
Atlanta, GA 30368
Children’s accepts cash (in person only), checks and all major credit cards. The insurance copayment is due at the time of your child’s service; if you are a self-paying patient, we ask for full payment at that time.
Chat online about your bill.Our chat hours are:
- Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
*Please note that we cannot handle medical emergencies or provide medical advice. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or contact your local emergency service.
MYchart allows you to set up recurring payments or view your statements and payment history. You can find your billing account summary under My Bills. If you are the guarantor and are unable to locate your billing information, contact us for assistance at 404-785-5589.PAY ONLINE
Before you begin, you should have your most recent statement in hand. Be prepared to provide the guarantor’s last name and guarantor number found on your statement.PAY ONLINE
- By phone: Call 404-256-2593 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Send a check or money order to:
Sibley Heart Center Cardiology
2835 Brandywine Road, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30341
If you or your child meets the following criteria:
- You were seen by a Children’s pediatric dentist or orthodontist, and
- Your statement includes a six-digit numerical account number
You can pay your bill one of two ways:
- Online: Pay your bill online now.
- By mail: Send a check or money order to:
Specialty Providers at Children’s
P.O. Box 102709
Atlanta, GA 30368
If you have questions about your dentistry or orthodontics bill, call 404-785-8394.
We understand that learning your child needs a procedure or treatment can be overwhelming, as is the process of understanding your out-of-pocket costs for this treatment. To make this easier for you, we have developed an internet-based price estimator tool. You may also follow a few helpful reminders:
- Review your child’s insurance plan carefully to determine specific requirements for precertification or referral procedures. Even if Children’s is in-network for your child’s insurance plan, the doctor(s) treating your child may not be.
- Call your insurance company to let it know your child is scheduled for a procedure or appointment because preauthorization may be required.
- A representative from the admissions department may contact you prior to the procedure date to make sure all of your information is correct.
- Bring your insurance card (HMO, CMO, PPO, etc.) with you to each appointment. It will save you and your child time and needless waiting. If you forget your card, you will be registered as “self-pay,” and you may be responsible for the entire bill for your child’s service.
- If the procedure is not covered 100% by insurance or Medicaid, Children’s may require a copayment or deposit to be paid when you register.
- Be aware that if you don’t follow your insurance plan’s rules or guidelines, you may be held responsible for some or all of the charges not paid by your insurance plan.
Some of the healthcare providers who care for your child at Children’s may be independent contractors and not employees of Children’s. Because insurance plans and coverage frequently change, Children’s cannot ensure that everyone who sees your child is covered by your insurance plan. We encourage families to ask questions and to work closely with their insurance providers. If your child’s insurance coverage changes, notify one of our customer service representatives immediately.
If you have a specific question regarding cost estimates for a scheduled procedure or service, contact Children’s financial counseling at 404-785-2678 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In accordance with federal regulations, our standard hospital charges are posted in the Price Information section below. We encourage patient families to consult with their insurance providers to understand insurance coverage, which charges will be covered, how much will be billed, information on deductibles and expected out-of-pocket responsibility.
We know you have a choice when it comes to making decisions about your child’s health. This is why we want to make it as easy as possible to understand charges related to your child’s care. We have developed an internet-based price estimator tool to help you.
If you have a specific question regarding cost estimates for a scheduled procedure or service, please contact Children’s Financial Counseling at 404-785-2678 or via email at email@example.com for assistance.
Review a list of services not performed at Children’s.
In accordance with federal regulations, standard charges are available below. We encourage patient families to consult with their insurance plan to understand insurance coverage, which charges will be covered, information on deductibles and expected out-of-pocket responsibility.
In accordance with federal regulations, the following disclosure is available on surprise medical bills. If you feel like you have been wrongly billed, please contact Children's Customer Service at (404) 785-5589 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Insurance Information Resources
If you can’t pay your bill, Children’s has financial counselors who will help you take advantage of public assistance programs for which your child may be eligible.
- Your child may be eligible for financial assistance from Children’s. However, charges from physician or professional fees must be handled separately.
- Children’s may be able to set up a payment plan for you, and prompt-pay discounts may be available for self-pay services. Speak with one of our financial counselors for more information. Our financial counseling department can be reached by email at email@example.com, by phone at 404-785-5060 and by fax at 404-785-9236.
Full or partial financial assistance may be available from Children’s for:
- Patients, parents or other responsible parties (guarantors) who need help paying for hospitalizations.
- Necessary medical services not covered by insurance or some other funding source.
- Patients who were not approved for federal, state or private funding programs even though they complied with the application process.
- Patients, parents or guarantors who were not approved by private foundations or other social service organizations.
Patients with a household income at or below 600% of the federal poverty guidelines—Children’s uses a sliding scale based on these guidelines to determine eligibility and percentage of discount.
We accept applications for financial assistance at any point before, during or after care is provided to a patient.
- Submit a Financial Assistance application - (English) for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Submit a Financial Assistance application - (en Español) for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Submit a fully completed financial assistance application for Hughes Spalding Hospital.
- To receive a hard copy of the application, call 404-785-5060, fax 404-785-9236 or visit one of our provider-based service locations.
- Our review process may take up to 90 days once you submit a completed application and all supporting documents.
- You will receive a letter when the review process is complete telling you our decision and the reason, as well as any balance still due on your hospital bill after any financial aid.
You also can contact our call center for more information at 404-785-5060 or 866-415-7358. We are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
Medicaid is a government medical financial assistance program that covers most costs for hospital stays, clinic visits and medicines. Some procedures or exams are not covered by Medicaid, and some must be preapproved. Some Medicaid programs are based on family income, and others are based on medical needs. You may be able to get coverage for pediatric healthcare medical services that occur three months prior to the month your child becomes eligible for Medicaid.
Children’s has an on-site office at both Egleston and Scottish Rite hospitals staffed by a Right from the Start Medicaid (RSM) caseworker. These offices are located on the first floor of each hospital.
If eligible for assistance, you may apply for Medicaid by completing the Medicaid application and submitting it to either the RSM caseworker or your local Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office.
PeachCare for Kids
PeachCare is a low-cost health insurance program in Georgia for children whose family income is too high to qualify for Medicaid. Program health benefits are similar to the benefits under Georgia Medicaid. Families must pay monthly premiums to receive financial assistance coverage for pediatric healthcare. You may apply for PeachCare online (the quickest way to get approved) or by calling 1-877-GA-PEACH.