Children's Statement of Nondiscrimination
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. We do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Children’s provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
Children’s also provides free aids and services to help people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats and more)
If you need these services, contact a registration staff member or call 404-785-KIDS (5437).
If you believe that Children’s has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with a patient representative at:
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston Hospital: 404-785-6163
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston Hughes Spalding Hospital: 404-785-9788
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston Scottish Rite Hospital: 404-785-5194
- Surgery Center at Meridian Mark: 404-785-5194
- Ambulatory Care Network and Marcus Autism Center: 404-785-7188
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax or email. If you need help filing a grievance, a patient representative will help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint electronically with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights through the Office for Civil Rights complaint portal or by mail or phone at:
Centralized Case Management Operations
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave. SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201